“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
There are several ways you can help inspire change within a child life. With Men In The Making there are three tiers of involvement that would support our cause:
As a SPEAKER
Joining one of our sessions as a speaker and sharing your knowledge and experience is a wonderful way to convey your interest in building strong foundations for the futures of our youth
As a “VOLUNTEER”
Going a step further and providing support services and a little of your time to help expand our mission.
As a MENTOR ROLE MODEL
Committing to becoming a mentor role model within Men In The Making is a commitment not only to the kids within the program, but to yourself. We expect a high level of personal integrity and resolve within anyone who decides to join our ranks. The safety, protection, and uplifting environment of our sessions is sacred to us and will only be joined by individuals deemed to have the kids best interest at heart. Anyone applying to become a mentor role model will have to complete the following steps along the path of receiving formal invocation into Men In The Making. This is a quick and streamlined process and relies upon you providing your information in a timely manner.
- Complete The Application For Mentor Role Model
- Provide a short written articulation (one page at the most) outlining why you want to become a mentor role model.
- Background Check – anyone associating with any kids within this program are subject to a background check which will be conducted following our receiving your completed “Application for Mentor Role Model”
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an upstanding member of the community or a current mentor role model within Men In The Making.
- Lastly, a panel interview will be held with the Men In The Making nominating committee
Questions?… Email us at email@example.com